Terms of Service
Last updated 15 April 2023.
Welcome to Coral, the all-in-one student association app! Coral helps students stay engaged in campus life and student associations to organize more easily, by bringing all student activities into one intuitive platform for your campus.
Do not access or use our Services if you do not agree to the terms and conditions of these Terms.
Here are some important definitions to help you navigate these Terms:
“App” means Coral’s mobile app “Coral: Student Campus Platform”, available on both App Store and Google Play Store.
“Website” means Coral’s official website: https://coral.tech.
“Platform” is the collective name of the App and the Website.
“Material” includes information, data, text, editorial content, design elements, look and feel, formatting, graphics, images, photographs, videos, music, sounds, and other content and materials.
“Community Organizer” means an individual or legal entity that manages a community on Coral and, accordingly, manages the memberships of the members of that community.
“Event Organizer” means any individual or legal entity that manages an event on Coral.
“Organizer” is the collective name of Community Organizer and Event Organizer.
“User” means an individual or legal entity who accesses or uses Coral’s Services.
Organizers, Users, and third parties accessing or using our Services are all referred to in these Terms collectively as "Users," "you," or "your." If you will be using the Services on behalf of a legal entity, "you" and "your" will refer to that entity as well as yourself.
When these Terms use "Coral," "we," "us," or "our," that refers to Coral AB (Reg No: 559426-7865) and its subsidiaries, and each of its and their respective officers, directors, agents, partners, and employees.
1. Terms and Termination.
1.1 These Terms apply when you access our Services.
These Terms apply to you as soon as you access the Services by any means and will continue to apply until they are terminated. There may come a time when either you or Coral decides it's best to part ways as described in Sections 1.2 or 1.3 below. When that happens, these Terms will generally no longer apply. However, as described in Section 1.6, certain provisions will always remain applicable to both you and us.
1.2 We can revoke your access to our Services or terminate your account.
- We may suspend or terminate your right to use the Services at any time, including if:
- you violate or breach these Terms or any other agreement between you and us, or if you fail to pay any amounts when due;
- you misuse or abuse the Services, or use the Services in a way not intended or permitted by us;
- you engage in any conduct on or off the Platform that jeopardizes the safety of our community or integrity of the Platform or interferes with the experience of our community or the Platform; or
- allowing you to access and use the Services would violate any applicable local, state, provincial, national, or other laws, rules, and regulations or court order or would expose us to legal liability.
- We may choose to stop offering the Services, or any particular portion of the Services, or modify or replace any aspect of the Services, at any time. We will use reasonable efforts to provide you with notice of our termination of your access to the Services if we believe that failure to do so would materially prejudice you. You agree that we will not be liable to you or any third party as a result of our termination of your right to use or otherwise access the Services.
- Your account can be terminated if you have not been active on the Platform for a period of 120 consecutive days.
1.3 We hope you want to continue using our Services, but please refer to this paragraph if you don’t.
Except as agreed otherwise in a separate written agreement between you and us, you may terminate your access to the Services and the general applicability of Terms by deleting your User account and/or community. If you are a User using the Services without a registered Coral account, your only option for these Terms to no longer apply is to stop accessing the Services indefinitely. So long as you continue to access the Services, even without an account, these Terms remain in effect.
If there is a separate agreement between you and us governing your use of the Services and that agreement terminates or expires, these Terms (as unmodified by such agreement) will govern your use of the Services after such termination or expiration.
1.4 What termination of a User account entails.
1.5 What termination of a community entails.
1.6 Certain provisions will always remain applicable to both you and us.
All provisions of these Terms that by their nature should survive termination of these Terms will survive (i.e., they will continue to apply to you) including all limitations on liability, releases, indemnification obligations, disclaimers of warranties, agreements to arbitrate, choices of law and judicial forum, and intellectual property protections and licenses.
2. Privacy and User Information.
3. Your Obligations as Organizer.
3.1 We expect you to follow the official laws and regulations, as well as Coral’s policies, when dealing with information and personal data about Users.
If you are an Organizer, or User entrusted with the personal data of other Users, you will at all times comply with all applicable local, state, provincial, national, and other laws, rules, and regulations with respect to the information and personal data you collect from (or receive about) Users or other individuals, and comply with any applicable policies posted by Coral with respect to the information and personal data you collect from (or receive about) Users.
3.2 You agree to follow our Merchant Agreement when accepting payments from Users through Coral.
When accepting payments from other Users through Coral, you will at all times comply with our Merchant Agreement.
3.3 If you give other administrative access to your community or event, you assume responsibility for any damage those admins may cause to your community.
As an Organizer, you may grant other Users administrative access to managing your community or event. When doing so, you accept the risks of misuse that may occur and assume responsibility for any material or immaterial damage such misuse may cause to your community and its members, or your event and its participants.
3.4 We expect you to obtain all applicable licenses, permits, and authorizations for your events.
Event Organizers must obtain all applicable licenses, permits, and authorizations for their events.
If you are an Event Organizer, along with your other representations and warranties, you represent and warrant to us that:
- You will obtain, before starting ticket sales, all applicable licenses, permits, and authorizations (individually and collectively, "Licensure") for your Coral events. Licensure includes state, county, municipal, or other local authority's authorization of the event, traffic engineering authorizations, fire department inspection reports, fire marshal permits, authorization to receive minors, sanitary authorization, and property operation permits;
- You will comply, and will ensure that the venues for your Coral events will comply, with all applicable laws, regulations, rules, and ordinances;
- You will maintain throughout the use of the Services the applicable Licensure to promote, produce, sponsor, host, and sell tickets for all of your Coral events; and
- You will provide evidence of Licensure and related information prior to offering tickets or registrations for your Coral events and promptly upon our reasonable request from time to time.
4. Non-Acceptable Behavior
4.1 You can’t use our Services to share Material that may be harmful, misleading, or violate official laws and regulations.
You are responsible for all Material you upload to and share through our Platform. This means, among other things, that you may not use our Services to upload, submit, post, transfer, or share any Material that:
- could be offensive to other Users;
- could disclose sensitive information about other Users;
- is false, partly false, misleading, or potentially misleading;
- you do not have the copyright; or
- in any way violates applicable local, state, provincial, national, and other laws, rules, and regulations.
Coral has the right to, without contacting the User, remove Material from the Platform which Coral deems to violate the Terms.
4.2 You can’t copy, sell, or use our Services in a way that is damaging to Coral.
In addition to any other restrictions, limitations, and prohibitions that we impose (in these Terms or elsewhere), you agree you will not directly or indirectly:
- copy, modify, reproduce, translate, localize, port, or otherwise create derivatives of any part of the Services;
- reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, or otherwise attempt to discover the source code or structure, sequence, and organization of all or any part of the Services;
- rent, lease, resell, distribute, use the Services for other commercial purposes not contemplated or otherwise exploit the Services in any unauthorized manner;
- remove or alter any proprietary notices on the Services; or
- engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the Services.
4.3 You can’t use our Material for your own purposes.
You have no right to use, and you agree not to use, any Material on the Platform for your own commercial purposes. You have no right to, and you agree not to scrape, crawl, or employ any automated means to extract data from the Platform. It is not permitted to use trademarks and/or logos linked to our Services unless otherwise agreed in writing with Coral.
5. The Platform
The Platform is normally accessible 24 hours, all days, but may temporarily be out of order due to technical problems or current support. To be able to use services on the Platform you may have to download special software supplied by us or by third-party suppliers.
The services on the Platform may be changed so that old services disappear and/or new ones are added. We are constantly evolving our products and services to better meet the needs of our Users. Because of this, we cannot guarantee the availability of certain product features or functionality. We reserve the right to modify, replace, or discontinue any part of the Services or the entire Services at any time and for any reason.
6. Login Details
You are responsible for keeping your login details confidential. Choose a password that is very hard to guess and not used on other sites. Remember your User account is personal, and you may not let any other person use your login details for your User account.
7. Intellectual property rights
All trademarks, other characteristics, logos, texts, content, design elements, electronic documents, graphics, images and sounds, photographs, databases, software and software products, which are found on the Platform are intellectual property owned by Coral or by a User. Such protected content may not, without the prior permission of Coral or the User who owns the right in question, be copied, modified, displayed publicly, licensed, used commercially, or transmitted.
8. Third-Party Websites; Linked Accounts; Third Party Offers. We are not responsible for third-party websites or materials that you access.
The Services or Users may provide links to other Internet websites or resources. Because we have no control over such websites and resources, you agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such websites or resources. We do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for any advertising, offers, products, services, or other materials on or available from such websites or resources and are not responsible for any damages or losses related to them, even if such websites or resources are connected with our partners or third-party service providers.
For example, if you sell or purchase a ticket on the Platform through a third-party ticket provider, your contractual relationship is with the third-party ticket provider, not with us.
We welcome and encourage you to provide feedback, comments, and suggestions for improvements to the Services, as well as feedback, comments, suggestions, and ratings regarding the services and events of third parties such as the Event Organizers of events you attend (collectively, "Feedback").
Any Feedback you submit to us will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary to you. By submitting Feedback to us, you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, sub-licensable, perpetual license to use, publish, and exploit those ideas and materials for any purpose, with or without your name, without compensation to you. We may collect testimonials, ratings, and reviews about our Material, the Platform, the Services, and, if you are an Organizer, your Material and events. These testimonials, ratings, and reviews will be considered Feedback. We retain full discretion on whether, when, where, with whom, and how Feedback is shared or published.
10. Release and Indemnification
10.1 Release. You won’t bring us into any disputes between you and a third party.
- You hereby agree to release us (collectively with our subsidiaries, and each of our and their respective officers, directors, agents, co-branders, licensors, payment processing partners, vendors, other partners, independent contractors and employees, the “Coral Released Parties”) from all damages (whether direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or otherwise), losses, liabilities, costs, and expenses of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of a dispute between you and a third party (including other Users) in connection with any of the following:
- the Services, or any Item or event listed on the Services;
- your Licensure, any failure to obtain or maintain any Licensure, or any error in obtaining or maintaining any Licensure;
- any Feedback that you give or receive; or
- Your Material.
- In addition, you waive any applicable law or statute, which says, in substance: "A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE RELEASED PARTY."
10.2 Indemnification. You agree to have our back if a third party comes after us because of something you did or failed to do.
- You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Coral Released Parties from any and all damage (whether direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or otherwise), loss, liability, cost, and expense (including reasonable attorneys' and accounting fees) resulting from any claim, demand, suit, proceeding (whether before an arbitrator, court, mediator or otherwise) or investigation made by any third party (each a "Claim") relating to or arising out of:
- your breach of these Terms (including any terms or agreements or policies incorporated into these Terms);
- your unauthorized use of the Services;
- your Licensure, any failure to obtain or maintain any Licensure, or any error in obtaining or maintaining any Licensure;
- any Feedback that you give or receive;
- your breach of any applicable local, state, provincial, national or other law, rule or regulation or the rights of any third party;
- our collection and remission of taxes; and
- if you are an Organizer, your events and your Material, provided that in the case of (g) this indemnification will not apply to the extent that the Claim arises out of Coral's gross negligence or willful misconduct.
- We will provide notice to you of any such Claim, but our failure or delay in providing such notice will not limit your indemnification obligations except to the extent you are materially prejudiced by such failure. Also, in certain circumstances, we may choose to handle the Claim ourselves, in which case you agree to cooperate with us in any way we request.
11. Disclaimer of Warranties and Assumption of Risks by You
11.1 We strive to provide Services in the way you need them, but there are some things we can’t promise.
- To the extent allowed under applicable laws, the Services (including the Beta Services, defined below) are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. Coral expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including implied warranties of merchantability, title, non-infringement, and fitness for a particular purpose. For example, we make no warranty that:
- the Services (or any portion of the Services) will meet your requirements or expectations;
- the Services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free; or
- the results that may be obtained from the use of the Services will be accurate or reliable.
- We have no control over and do not guarantee the (i) quality, safety, accuracy, or legality of any event or Material associated with a community or User, or (ii) ability of any User to complete a transaction.
- We are not liable for the acts or omissions of any third parties, including third parties that help us provide the Services, that an Organizer chooses to assist managing their community or event, or that you choose to use or contract with when using the Services.
11.2 You may have an opportunity to try out certain beta services from time to time.
We may make available certain beta and other pre-release software, services, equipment, and related documentation, materials, and information to you from time to time, for your use on a voluntary basis, as part of an early-release, early-access program (collectively, the “Beta Services”) for the purposes of us gathering information and Users providing us with Feedback on the quality and usability of the Beta Services. The Beta Services may not meet the same level of performance as that of a commercially available product offering, and the Beta Services may not operate correctly and may be subject to substantial modification, including deprecation, during and after the period in which you may use them. We are not liable to you in connection with your use of our Beta Services, and we may revoke your access to the Beta Services at any time with or without reason or notice.
11.3 You must assume risks that are inherent in attending live events.
Some events may carry inherent risks and by participating in those events, you choose to assume those risks voluntarily. For example, some events may carry the risk of illness, bodily injury, disability, or death, and you freely and willfully assume those risks by choosing to participate in those events.
11.4 The disclaimers will apply so long as they are allowed under law.
The disclaimers in these Terms apply to the maximum extent permitted by law. If any warranties are required by applicable law, they will be limited to the shortest duration allowed.
12. Limitation of Liability
12.1 In order to provide our Services on a large scale, we have to limit our liability to you.
- To the extent permitted by applicable laws, the Coral Released Parties, will not be liable to you or any third party, for:
- Any indirect, incidental, special, consequential, punitive, or exemplary damages, including damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data, opportunity costs, intangible losses, or the cost of substitute services (even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages);
- Any Feedback that you give or receive; or
- Your Material.
- In addition, other than our obligation to pay out Event Proceeds in certain circumstances to certain Organizers under the Merchant Agreement, and only in accordance with those terms, the Coral Released Parties’ maximum aggregate liability is limited to the following:
- For Event Organizers on our Platform with paid tickets: The Coral Fees (net of any Coral Payment Processing Fees) that the Organizer paid us in the three (3) month period immediately preceding the circumstances giving rise to their Claim.
- For other Users: The total amount of all tickets or registrations that the User purchased or made through the Services in the three (3) month period immediately preceding the circumstances giving rise to their Claim.
12.2 All of our Terms are meant to comply with the law.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or conditions on, or the limitation of, liability for loss or damage caused by willful acts, negligence, breach of contract or breach of implied terms, or incidental or consequential damages. Only those liability and other limitations which are lawful in your jurisdiction (if any) will apply to you, and our liability is limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.
13. Change of the Terms
- posting the changes through the Services;
- updating the "Updated" date at the top of this page; or
- sending you an email or message about the Modifications.
Modifications that are material will be effective thirty (30) days following the "Updated" date, unless a different date is communicated in our notice to you. All other Modifications will be effective immediately.
You are responsible for reviewing any Modifications. Your continued use of the Services after any Modification will be considered your acceptance of that Modification and the updated Terms. In certain circumstances, we may seek a Modification to these Terms that will only apply to you. This type of Modification must be in writing and signed by both parties (you and Coral).
Potential disputes related to Terms and/or the use of the Platform and its services shall be settled, in the first instance, by the Stockholm district court and in accordance with Swedish law, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE TERMS AND I ACCEPT TO FOLLOW THESE TERMS.